Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First Project

This was my first project when I had just started my new job with Timber Valley. The company does not exist anymore, but the cabinetry still does, as I have seen it in pictures from when the house had been re-listed on the market twice in the past ten years.The entertainment unit was massive and heavy. It was completely constructed of MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with some solid wood bracing and moldings. It was built in five separate units then disassembled, painted and shipped to it's location in the Mason area. The five units consisted of a base platform, two book-cases, a center audio unit that concealed a projector style floor unit large screen television, and a crown box that rests on the entire span of the unit to bring it all together.This project took me the better part of a month to complete, as I had no formal training prior to building it. I thoroughly enjoyed building this unit and hope that who ever lives in the home where it is, enjoys it as well.

Stay tuned for more of my creations as I finally get this blog up and running.

Get out there and Build It!

No comments:

Post a Comment